- Use aerosol barrier pipette tips.
- UV-irradiate all workstations used for the setup of master mix preps and PCRs.
- Treat all surfaces and tube racks with a 10% bleach solution.
- Use frequent and careful glove changes.
- Perform DNA extraction, PCR setup, and PCR product analysis in different rooms.
- Use clean systems.
- Use a negative control such as UV-treated, deionized water.
- Do not do bacterial work, etc. during any human DNA extraction.
At what point when an experiment is repeatedly reproducible does one stop saying the end result was due to sample contamination and begin saying the end result was genuine?
What other steps can you take to prevent and eliminate sample contamination?
This work by Camp Other is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.